Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
|Number of Players||2|
|Mechanics||Dice Rolling, Hexagon Grid, Simulation|
|Theme||American Revolutionary War, Wargame|
The game includes three scenarios: the historical fight for Chatterton Hill, an October 31 scenario that explores what might have occurred if Howe had pressed his grand assault that day as planned, and a full four-day campaign game spanning 42 game turns beginning with the arrival of the British army on the field on the morning of October 28 and culminating at 5:00 pm on October 31.
Each player has 26 Opportunity Cards subdivided into three decks to enhance play and add elements of variability and historical flavor. As with previous games in the series, some special rules represent the unique circumstances of this battle. Among these are rules governing American sortie restrictions and tactical doctrine, rain game turns, restoring army morale, scorched earth, and additional handicaps for American militia, American fieldwork construction, and an off-board movement mechanism for Tarrytown on the Hudson River, seven miles away where British ships lay at anchor. Even Washington’s own combat prowess at this early stage of the war is randomized.
- 2 hard-mounted maps featuring 1-inch hexes
- 245 Unit counters & game markers (1.5 counter sheets), including 7 replacement counters for previous games in the series
- 52 Opportunity Cards: 26 American & 26 British
- 16 Tactics Cards: 8 American & 8 British
- 2 Full color, four-page player aid cards: 1 American & 1 British
- 1 Full-color exclusive rule book
- 1 Full-color series rule book
- 2 10-sided dice