Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
This classic European-style Chess set features a king, queen, and bishop with opposite colour finials. The true history of this set is somewhat muddled. Many state this is a Russian Style set while others will tell you it was based on a design used in the ’59 Candidates Match that had games in the fine city of Zagreb.
No matter where it came from…this is an amazing chess set. Eastern European styling cues make this set distinctive from across the room.
- Traditional European Chess Pieces
- Features a distinctive Russian “seahorse” knight and opposite colors on the tops of king, queen, and bishop
- Ebonized wood (dark) and Boxwood (light); Pieces are handpolished & weighted for better stability during play
- Collectively weighs 2.425 lbs; King measures 3.74 inch tall with 1.57 inch diameter base
- Complete set of 32 pieces (single queens); USCF and FIDE tournament regulation size